The services offered at Next Step Rehab include:
- Pain Management
- Work Hardening
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
- Gait and Balance
- Rehabilitation after total joint replacement
- Manual Therapy
- Pre-operative Assessment and Treatment
We are also able to design a customized therapy plan for your particular health conditions:
- Balance and Difficulty with Walking
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Chronic Pain
- De-conditioning and Weakness
- Joint and Muscle Aches, Sprains, and Strains
- Low Back Pain
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Neurological Conditions
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Overuse Injuries (carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, and tendonitis)
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Post-Op Conditions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Thoracic and Rib Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Worker’s Compensation Injuries
Dr. McIntosh served as the lead therapist on the stroke team of the Neuro Rehabilitation Unit at a leading medical center in Orlando. In this capacity, Dr. McIntosh developed expertise in the management and treatment of the neurological patient.
Additionally, Dr. McIntosh became certified as an Assistive Technology Practitioner, allowing him to identify and prescribe the necessary and appropriate equipment for each individual patient.
Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) and Work Hardening
Having been trained in the performance of the FCE, Dr. McIntosh has worked closely with Workers Compensation and insurance companies to determine an individual’s ability to return to work and more importantly, if they are able to safely perform their specific job requirements. These individuals will often be treated in a Work Hardening program to prepare them to return to the work force.
We are here to assist you along the way on your road to recovery. For more information, please contact us at 321-203-2998.